I decided to go with the National Broadband Network as the topic for the mash-up.
I’ve been working on it for the past couple of weeks and have made some progress.
It currently consists of 3 pages; the home page, about page and contact page.
Started to realise that my idea would be ridiculously hard so I have come to the decision to change it to something more feasible.
Will update shortly.
Web Mashup Concept: Beat Agent
Flash is a web browser plugin that allows users to view multimedia created with Flash.
wall-of-fame.com is a flash-based website. It allows users to interact with the site to leave their own pictures on the “wall of fame.”
These days, web browsers are available on mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS. Mobile versions of websites are created with a minimalistic view to make the browsing experience better for the user, using less download data.
Kotaku.com.au is a gaming site that has a mobile version which is easy to view on smaller screens.
Multimedia has spread all across the internet and many multimedia-based websites have arose and Tumblr is a great example.
Tumblr.com allows users post video, photos or audio onto their blog for others to view.
Streaming technology has grown giving users the ability to broadcast live/upload video/audio over the internet.
YouTube.com is a prime example of streaming technology.
Social networking has grown for many years.
FaceBook.com is currently the number 1 social networking site which gives users real-time feeds to their friends and more.
Website layouts have drastically changed since the early days of web. Websites are now cleaner, simpler, and easier to view.
Cascading Style Sheets have been a helpful tool for achieving this.
Here are my icons to represent a day in the life of Ali :o)
1. Coffee - I would never consider going a day without caffeine.
2. Books - Books, study, Uni work, school work, homework, home readers, reading for fun. Books are very dominate in my life.
3. Family - My 3 children and myself.
4. Food - Sadly, alot of my day is devoted to cooking, preparing breakfasts and lunches, shopping for food. A necessary evil.
5. Car - I need my car to travel to all the places we need to go.
6. Computer - The computer and being online dominates my lifestyle. I am always online in some way, but most often I am sitting in front of my computer. I work here, I entertain myself here, I socialise here and our family bonds over games, apps, our favourite websites, YouTube content etc, etc, etc.
7. Phone - This represents the way I communicate with my friends and family. I spend alot of the time on the phone whether it be talking, texting, using it to access the internet or peruse various apps.
8. Spiral - This represents the whirlwind of my day.
I tried to use symbols that are easily recognisable. All icons are consistent in size. They are distinguishable from each other by the graphic and the colour. I used a basic gradient to imitate the Apple icons and to provide interest.
I thought the icons looked great, good job!